News and Events
29 March 2018
Trial Kumon for your family this May
Have you ever wondered whether Kumon is right for your child? Well now is your chance to find out.
Throughout May, Kumon is offering families a free trial of its Maths or English Programmes. If you decide to participate, your child will receive individualised Kumon Instruction across four consecutive class days, spread across two weeks, for free. During this time, they will also receive necessary materials to allow them to continue their Kumon studies at home.
“It’s very important that Kumon becomes habitual and rhythmic”, explains Michael Hull, Instructor at Kumon Randwick in Sydney. “The free trial is good because it gives us two-weeks, multiple classes, multiple workbooks, and therefore a family and a student will get a sense of that rhythm.”
Michael opened Kumon Randwick in 2016, however, his 16-year Kumon journey started as a parent. All seven of his children have been enrolled into Kumon, five of them are students, and one is a programme completer.
“What I saw with my children from doing Kumon was an early increase in confidence: it was easily the first thing I saw and it emerged within weeks”, Michael says. “They gained the knowledge that they could do maths, and we began with maths when they first started Kumon. They didn’t know what they were capable of before that and they were quite anxious; they felt that they had no control over what they were doing.”
“But it didn’t take very long for their whole viewpoint to change. The first thing they got was this idea that they could control what they were doing, and it gave me the confidence to just keep going. I thought, ‘this is something that’s really working with them so we’ll plough ahead’.”
Michael’s daughter Kate is now studying materials engineering, and another of his daughters, Lucy, is studying a combined actuarial studies and music degree. He says Kumon has taught all his children, “how to sit down, begin a task, and finish it”.
“That’s such a valuable lesson for these kids to learn.”
Just follow these four easy steps to register:
1. Call your Kumon Instructor to register for an information session.
2. Have your child assessed for Kumon English or Kumon Maths and discuss a study plan.
3. Arrange for your child to attend four consecutive class sessions during May.
4. Meet with your Instructor to discuss your child’s Kumon experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• Places are limited and acceptance for the free trial is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• The registration deadline for the free trial varies across Kumon Centres.
• Attendance at an information session is mandatory prior to your child participating in the Kumon free trial.
• The free trial consists of four consecutive sessions at a Kumon Education Centre over two weeks during May.
• Worksheets are provided for non-centre days during the two weeks.
• Late registration may result in fewer study sessions.
• Class days, operating hours and available sessions vary across Kumon Centres.
• The free trial is available for one subject only (either English or Maths).
• There is no obligation to enrol after the free trial.
Read the experiences of those students Kumon has helped nurture.
Search for a Kumon Centre near you