INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE
The logos, graphics, pictures, design, and layout ("Contents") of this entire website are the exclusive property of Kumon Asia & Oceania Pte Ltd. The Contents contained on this website shall not be reproduced, attached, copied, or linked to or from, any other website or any other print or electronic medium without the express written consent of Kumon Asia & Oceania Pte Ltd. © 2009 Kumon Asia & Oceania Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.
Kumon Australia and New Zealand ("Kumon") is bound by the Privacy Act and will protect your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles. These principles govern how we can collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information. Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is fundamental to the way Kumon does business.
We advise that much of the information that you may have provided, or may be asked to provide to Kumon is 'personal information' as defined by the Privacy Act. Kumon collects and holds personal information such as the student’s name, gender, date of birth, age, school year, address, and the parents/guardians' details such as their names and contact details. We typically collect and hold such information by requesting students to fill out a Student Enrolment Form which is completed by the student's parent or guardian. We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures. Collection of your personal information is required for the purpose of administering our Kumon Education Centres and monitoring and improving the student’s performance as well as the performance of our Kumon Education Centres. We do our best to keep our records of your personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed.
In accordance with the Information Privacy Principles, your personal information may only be disclosed (i) to your parent/guardian (if you are a minor), (ii) as may be required or authorised by or under law, or (iii) to our overseas related entities including but not limited to Kumon Malaysia and Kumon North America.
We may use your personal information to keep you informed of upcoming events and/or to offer you our products or services that we believe may interest you. If you do not want to receive such communications from us, please contact us. If you have any query or complaint regarding our approach to compliance with the Information Privacy Principles and/or wish to access or correct your personal information held by Kumon, please contact our Privacy Officer on +61 02 9467 2260.
FEES AND CHARGES
- The enrolment fee and the monthly tuition fee are not refundable in part or in full under any circumstances unless otherwise agreed by Kumon (Australia) Pty Ltd.
- All monthly tuition fees are payable in advance on a calendar month basis. For example, October’s monthly tuition fee is payable before the end of September.
- Kumon encourages continuous study. However, in the event that a child is unable to attend the centre the following month, notification must be given to the Instructor by the 15th of the current month. If notice is not given by the 15th of the current month, the full tuition fee for the following month is due and payable.
- If a child is absent from the centre for more than three months, a re-enrolment fee is payable upon resumption.
- If a child wants to transfer to another subject or centre, notice must be given to the Kumon Education Centre by the 15th of the current month. If such notice is not given, the monthly fee for the following month is payable.
- The Kumon Education Centre reserves its right to change its days of operation or close for a certain period of time due to public holidays or holiday periods (e.g. for a period up to 3 weeks over the Christmas/New Year period) and/or any unforeseeable event (e.g. an act of God). In such event, the Kumon Education Centre and/or Kumon (Australia) Pty Ltd will advise parents of such change as early as practicable through written and/or direct communication. No fees will be refundable given that worksheets will still be provided to the children during that closure period.
- In the event that the fees are not paid by the due date, Kumon has the right to charge all reasonable costs and disbursements incurred by Kumon to process or recover such fees.