How does Kumon help my child at school?

Kumon develops strong calculation skills and reading ability, the foundation for the study of all subjects at school. Our programmes also nurture students who can follow instructions, study examples, absorb new material and learn for themselves. The fundamental topics and study skills students gain at Kumon enable them to learn at school with confidence.


What is Kumon International Standard?

Kumon International Standard (KIS) is an international benchmark set by Kumon that is just ahead of school grade. Our goal is for your child to achieve Kumon International Standard and then continue to advance beyond.


What is the Advanced Student Honour Roll?

The Advanced Student Honour Roll (ASHR) is a record of Kumon students who are studying ahead of their school grade level. Students on the roll have progressed through Kumon Mathematics and/or English at a level that is at least one year, two years, three years, or five or more years ahead of their school year. Individual certificates, class lists, and medals, are among the ways we recognise our advanced students for their achievements.


How do Kumon Achievement Tests help my child?

Each Achievement Test allows your child to demonstrate the skills and knowledge acquired in the previous level. The Instructor ensures your child is ready to sit the test, allowing them to experience success. The confidence your child gains from their Achievement Tests supports their performance, both inside and outside of Kumon.


What are the benefits of long-term Kumon study for my child?

Long-term Kumon study allows your child to study content ahead of their school grade. Through advanced study, and by progressing through their own efforts, Kumon students are motivated to take on further challenges and to explore their own areas of interest. This not only benefits students academically, it fosters confidence, self-esteem and a challenging spirit. Equipped with self-learning ability, Kumon students can pursue their own potential at school and in life.


What happens if my child is absent from the centre?

Please inform your child’s Instructor in the event that your child will not be able to attend centre (whether attending in person or online). If your child is absent from the centre for three months, and does not resume and pay full fees in the fourth month, you will need to pay another enrolment fee should you choose to re-enrol at a later time.


We’d like to transfer to a different centre. How do I give notice and manage the payment of fees?

If you would like your child to transfer to another subject or centre, you must provide notice by the 15th of the current month. If notice is not given by the 15th of the current month, the monthly fee for the following month is payable.


How much notice do I need to give if I’m unable to continue my child’s enrolment?

Kumon encourages continuous study. However, if a child is unable to continue with Kumon the following month (whether in person or online), notification must be given to the Instructor by the 15th of the current month. If written notice is not given by the 15th of the current month, the full tuition fee for the following month is due and payable.


About jwells